26 February 2011

Shoes n Spirit House - was someone listening ?

Hotel lobby with spirit house on the right - shoes were on the right not far from it - Feb2011
At the hotel where I stay the lady who runs it has a small spirit house, altar, by the reception desk at floor level.
 not far away from  it they put all the shoes for the guests in row by the wall on the floor.
It's been like this for years.
Ever since I arrived I thought it was not a good thing to have the shoes near the altar of the spirit house, (its an Asian thing, but shoes and feet and spiritual stuff don't mix well in Asia)

I always kind of appologized to the spirit house, kept my shoes far away and was  respectful.


Today I returned from my morning errands and the shoes were gone, all of them.

the manager lady has moved them all by the door, on the opposite wall, closer to the door and far away from spirit house.

She speaks no English, I speak no Vietnamese.

I never said anything about the shoes and spirit house.
After she moved them I did the thumbs up and we communicated in sign language. It was clear she had moved them to show respect to the spirit house.

I sometimes get these kinds of things where i think of something, wonder about it should be done better, or differently and then suddenly it happens.

I guess I'm picking up on the things about to change, tuning into it or whatever. 




'dance me to the children who are asking to be born....'  - Leonard Cohen 


Sometimes the threads on the loom suggest the picture to come.
Then we know that our children-to-be Hope for us in the Bardo.
For them we weave until our arms grow tired.
               
-- The years of Rice and Salt - by Kim Stanley Robinson
Surgery under local anaesthetic  in Burma by the mobile Surgeon Dr Naga

No comments:

Post a Comment


Aswan, Egypt, Tombs of the Nobles